Wednesday, April 18, 2007

... Let's just say I am frugal

So right now i am just killing time until 7 PM. That is when I am going to a free dinner. I could go do something else right now like watch a movie, read a book, write a story, or fix my own dinner, but instead I am writing this blog and checking the clock in the lower right hand of the computer screen every two minutes to see the progress of time. In case you were wondering it is moving slowly. Why am I doing this? Because I am going to get a free meal. It is surprising the lengths I would go to in order to get a free meal. I wonder just how much of my life has been spent planning around free meals. I love getting things for free. Is there anything better that free stuff? I enjoy hand-me-downs because I can look at other people and say "They had to pay for those clothes and I didn't... Losers."

Yes interesting that getting things for free makes me feel like I am better than other people. I used to go to the deli right before they closed and sometimes they would give me all of the food that they didn't sell during the day. It was awesome. I also pulled the same trick at the gas station near my house, they would give me all their day-old doughnuts. I think it is pretty safe to say that getting things for free is one of my favorite things in the world. I have often thought that I was genetically engineered to be a bum. So while I am feeling rather bored right now waiting for 7 o'clock to finally roll around, I know that it will be worth it to get a free meal. Hell yes it will.

No comments: