Friday, June 8, 2007

Saving face

So at this point I would like to apologize for my previous post, I won't delete it cause I like it, but I hope this post will redeem it somewhat. I felt like it was not respectful of sex. Ironically that is probably because I meant everything I said, so it was uncomfortable. Because of that I thought it would be good to share some of my thoughts on sex. SO... Becase making love is the pinnacle of the physical expression of love it should be elevated, it should be made special and sacred. During the act of sexual intercourse we come the closest to God's power that we ever will in life, we actually share in his power to create life. This is probably the most power that we will ever have in this life. So this is another reason it should be made sacred. Also sex is the culmination of powerful spiritual, emotional, and physical feelings that exist between a husband and wife. It unites them in more than one way, and is a way of renewing the promises they make to each other at marriage. So again, even when not procreating, sexual intercourse between a husband and wife should be a special, sacred thing. The more direct meaning we can give sex, by making it truly communitive of emotianal, spiitual, and physical love, the more we will elevate it and make it special and the more pleasure, fullfillment, and security it will give us.

No comments: