Monday, June 11, 2007

Peppermint Patty

So there was this girl that was at my house for a dance party like three months ago. I thought she was way cute so I tried to meet her. Somehow she managed to escape. Then she came back to my house like two other times and I even tried to have one of her friends introduce us but that still somehow failed. I then saw her at a party of a mutual friend and she still managed to evade me.

I was pretty sure that she wasn't avoiding me on purpose, that I just wasn't being forward enough, but then tonight I wet hot tubbing and she was there and I started trying to talk to her again, I had said something to her and she answered me and then all of a sudden this guy sitting next to me butts in with a comment. She looked at him and suddenly said "Hi I'm Emily" So he is there for two minutes and has already accomplished more than I have in three months.

Later I actually said to her "you know I haven't actually met you yet, but I have seen you around a bunch of times"

"Yeah you look familiar" she says, then suddenly she is distracted by someone else and I have still not met her.

Fast forward five minutes and I try again. I had overheard her use the term "Charlie Brown" as a euphemism for I'm not sure what. So I said "What's a Charlie Brown?"

She answered "There are two..." And again she was distracted.

I am beginning to think that her distractions were by choice. So I have still not met her. My goal now is to continue to almost meet her but never actually succeed because the more times it happens the funnier it gets. Well... either that, or I'm going to punch her right in the "Peppermint Patty". The jury's still out on that one.

No comments: